Friday, July 1

I'm really pissed off, today I went to school to finnish something I've been working on for some time: a Shoutcast and http server on linux for the lecture of doom at my school, but from the moment I got into the computing facilities I knew something was going wrong, at first the girl (if you'd call a girl a 40 or so years old woman) who takes care of the computers harem and that checks on n00bs not doing n00b things told me not to install linux in any box (actually I were going for the better box in the room wich is a P4@2240) until she asked to her superiors from wich I got the authorization to do this thing, so I started tunning the windows client I were gonna use to get the video since my webcam is unsupported in linux, you know, the usual thing, dynamic domains, NVStools, VLC, winamp, a test Shoutcast server, and so on, then she came up to me and told me that she talked to the superiors and that "susie" weren't allowing me to do anything, nor to do any modification to the computers, and that the so called admin of the network who visits it once a week and that really sucks 'cause he is not even capable of making w2k's to share with w95's and w98's boxes, anyway, what pissed me of was that thas guy said that I shouldn't use something as complicated as the thing I was attemping to do, and I should stream using MSN Messenger... COME ON!!!, MSN MESSENGER, that thing cannot even stream audio to lotsa sources and he wants me to use that, just because it's too complicated, because he didn't gave me any other reason, he also said that I couldn't stream because of the dinamic ip, aren't admin suposed to know about networking? then why didn't he knew about dynamic dns's??... poor lame guy.
so, after explaining everything I were trying to do and what I was planing to do (to use windows as server instead of linux, what's more, it's W2K!!!... I've never trusted in any Microsoft OS since I was like 10 years old and stuff, and 2k is less appealing to me) and after a looong while I left the school with nothing done and with the command to buy 20 meters of ethernet cable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home